If a recurring plan has attempted and failed to charge a certain number of times, the plan will enter a "Failed" state and will no longer attempt to charge. In that event, donors can take steps to reactivate their recurring plan from their donor portal. To do this, follow these steps:
- Once logged in to the campaign site, click the profile image in the top right of the site
- Click "Profile"
- Click "Payments"
- Click "Recurring Plans"
- Select the desired donation plan
- Click "Reactivate Plan" at the top of the recurring plan
- In the ensuing popup, enter new payment information
- Click "Reactivate Plan". The plan will now enter the "Active" status and will be scheduled to be charged immediately (within 30 minutes). If the charge succeeds, the plan will stay in the "Active" status and will continue charging at the next scheduled charge date.
Note that if the donor reactivates their plan shortly before their scheduled charge, the plan will be charged both times in close succession.