Note: This guide refers to legacy events only.
Learn how to create legacy event topics and categories in this step-by-step guide. This help guide will cover how to create legacy event topics and categories in Event Global Settings.
Recommended Reading Before Your Start
Creating Event Topics and Categories
Many organizations have multiple types of events that they host. Neon CRM gives you the ability to group your events by topic or category. This feature can help you organize your events.
For this example, we have multiple types of fundraiser events. We will group these events by topic and category to make it easier to find information.
1. Navigate to the Settings Icon and select Global Settings.
2. Under the Events section, select Topics.
3. This takes you to the Event Topics page. This page gives you the option to add and delete topics as well as assign a status to a topic. To add a new topic, select Add.
4. A new topic line is added to the bottom of your topics list. In the name column, enter the name of your topic. When finished, select Submit.
5. The topics will rearrange to display in alphabetical order. To navigate back to the global settings page, select Cancel.
6. To add a category, select Categories under Events.
7. The process is identical to the process above with the exception of the code column. This section allows you to further categorize your events. For this example, we have two sport categories but would like to identify the kid-friendly event. You can add the code “kid” to one of your categories.
Also, if you have multiple events within a category, you may want to add a numbering system. Once you have added a category and added the codes of your choice, select Submit.
8. To use Topics and Categories for events, navigate events and select Events.
9. This will take you to the list of your events. Select the event name and Select Edit.
10. There is a dropdown field for categories and topics where you can select from the options you created above. Your registrants may be able to view these based on your display settings.
Recommended Related Articles