Learn how to import email addresses into an audience in this step-by-step guide. This help guide will cover how to import email addresses into an audience.
Recommended Reading Before You Start
Importing Email Addresses
Note: You must create an audience before you can send an email campaign.
1. At the Mission Control Dashboard, navigate to Emails and select Email Audiences.
2. Select the name link of the audience you would like to use.
3. In the Audience Sources section, select Add then Email Address Import from the dropdown menu.
4. Select Choose File to upload a file with constituent email addresses from your computer. Select the File Type for your file. Select if your spreadsheet has a header row. When finished, select Upload Data.
5. This step in the import process shows mapping choices. Mapping choices explain how you want the headings in your spreadsheet to map to fields in the CRM. In this example, the spreadsheet contains three headers: First Name, Last Name, and Email Address. Select the matching option from the Standard Field column so the CRM knows how to categories your spreadsheet information. When finished, select Continue.
6. Select if you would like to save your mapping. By selecting Yes, you won’t have to map fields each time you import a list of email addresses. Enter a Mapping Name and optional Description. When finished, select Import Your Data.
7. The Email List Results shares how many emails were imported into the audience you selected. Select Build Campaign Audience to finalize the list and add email addresses to an audience.
8. The Audience Sources section confirms the number of email addresses imported. You can use this number to confirm that all the email addresses from your file have been properly imported. You can continue to build this audience by adding Live Report data and combining it with an existing audience.