Learn how to use the Search Within Results function when running reports in this step-by-step guide. There are steps you must take before completing this process. This help guide will cover how to search within results when running reports.
Recommended Reading Before You Start
Using Search Within Results in a Report
For this example, you need to create a report that finds all individuals who are volunteers and also event sponsors. Since individual type is a field allowing multiple selections, this search requires use of Search Within Results since you need to look for accounts with the two previously mentioned values for individual type. Searching for the first value type and then searching for the second value type within those results will ensure that individuals included in the report have both volunteer and event sponsor as individual types.
1. On the CRM Dashboard, select Reports in the navigation menu and then select New Report in the drop-down menu.
2. For this example, select Communication and Mailing from the New Report pop-up.
3. Select All Accounts Report and then select the Create Report button.
4. Select Edit Criteria.
5. For the search field, select Individual Type in the basic field group. For the operator, select Equal. Select Volunteer in the value field. Select Search Within Results.
6. For the search within results field, select Individual Type in the basic field group. For the operator, select Equal. Select Event Sponsor in the value field. Select Load Criteria.
7. Select Run Report.
You now have a report that lists the individuals that have both volunteer and event sponsor as their individual types.
Recommended Related Articles