Learn how to exclude information when running reports in this step-by-step guide. There are steps you must take before completing this process. This help guide will cover how to exclude information when running reports.
Recommended Reading Before You Start
Using Exclude From Results in a Report
For this example, you need to create a report that finds all individuals who are volunteers, but not any other type of individual within Neon CRM, such as event sponsor, student, or board member. Since individual type is a field allowing multiple selection types, this situation requires the use of Exclude From Results. This method will ensure that individuals returned in the results have only volunteer as their individual type.
1. On the CRM Dashboard, select Reports in the navigation menu and then select New Report in the drop-down menu.
2. For this example, select Communication and Mailing in the New Report pop-up.
3. Select All Accounts Report and then select the Create Report button.
4. Select Edit Criteria.
5. For the search group, select Individual Type in the basic field group. For the operator, select Equal. Select Volunteer in the value field. Select Exclude From Results.
6. For the exclusion field, select Individual Type in the basic field group. For the operator, select In Range Of. For this example, you will select all available individual types in the value field. In this case, the following types will be selected to exclude them from the search results (there are a total of six): Board Member, Event Sponsor, Former Board Member, Journalist, Major Donor, and Students in the value field. Select Load Criteria.
7. Select Run Report.
You now have a report that lists the individuals that only have volunteer as their individual type since all the other types have been excluded.
Recommended Related Articles